Nano-Oxides, Inc. has several reactors for the synthesis of nano powders by the proprietary technique. The following are available on-site:
- An array of furnaces (tube as well as box) going up to a maximum temperature of 1700°C
- Two high energy planetary mills and an attrition mill for making dispersions of nano powders and for general size reduction
- A spin coater for the deposition of thin, transparent, nano-composite films
- A complete set of conventional ceramic processing equipment such as pot mills, uniaxial presses, and isostatic presses
- Several optical microscopes for material characterization
- Regular and easy access to a scanning electron microscope, X-ray diffraction equipment, spectrophotometer, surface area analyzer, and a thermal analyzer within the Materials Science and Engineering department
Nano-Oxides, Inc. has access to a multi-purpose cleanroom facility with approximately 5,300 ft2 of laboratory floor space which provides the clean environment necessary for semiconductor materials and device research, micromachining, microfabrication, and semiconductor materials systems research. The laboratory has equipment for the deposition of materials, photolithography, test/characterization/inspection equipment, and many other planar processes necessary for micro and nano system research and characterization.
The recently established Surface Analysis and Nano Imaging Laboratory is equipped with various instrumentation including the Tencor P-10 Stylus profilometer, a Kratos AxisUltraDLD (Imaging XPS, Auger, ISS), a Digital Instruments Dimension 3000 AFM, a Polyvar optical microscope with digital imaging with Nomarski, etc.