Nano-Oxides, Inc. is working on a patented technology for the synthesis of nanosized oxide powders by molecular decomposition. We are able to produce a wide range of metal oxide powders such as TiO2, CeO2, SnO2, BaTiO3, SrTiO3, Fe2O3 and Fe3O4 and can also custom synthesize new compositions. The powders have crystallite sizes 4 to 10nm and surface areas ranging from 60 to 220 sq.m/gm.
Nano-Oxides, Inc. has several reactors for the synthesis of nano powders by the proprietary technique. The following are available:
- An array of furnaces (tube as well as box) going up to a maximum temperature of 1700°C
- Two high energy planetary mills and an attrition mill for making dispersions of nano powders and for general size reduction
- A spin coater for the deposition of thin, transparent, nano-composite films
- A complete set of conventional ceramic processing equipment such as pot mills, uniaxial presses, and isostatic presses
- Several optical microscopes for material characterization
- Regular and easy access to a scanning electron microscope, X-ray diffraction equipment, spectrophotometer, surface area analyzer, and a thermal analyzers
Nano-Oxides, Inc. has access to a multi-purpose cleanroom facility with approximately 5,300 ft2 of laboratory floor space which provides the clean environment necessary for semiconductor materials and device research, micromachining, microfabrication, and semiconductor materials systems research. The laboratory has equipment for the deposition of materials, photolithography, test/characterization/inspection equipment, and many other planar processes necessary for micro and nano system research and characterization.
The recently established Surface Analysis and Nano Imaging Laboratory is equipped with various instrumentation including the Tencor P-10 Stylus profilometer, a Kratos AxisUltraDLD (Imaging XPS, Auger, ISS), a Digital Instruments Dimension 3000 AFM, a Polyvar optical microscope with digital imaging with Nomarski, etc.